5 Tips For A Stronger Social Media Presence
5 Tips For A Stronger Social Media Presence
2020 has brought some interesting changes to the world as we know it. Not only has it revolutionized our personal lives but business strategies as well. This year, a majority of brands have found themselves needing to utilize their social media channels in new ways that they’ve never done before. If you’re one of those businesses, we put together some tips to help you best utilize your social media channels and leverage a stronger social media presence.
1. Set Those Goals
If you’re looking to build your social media presence, first thing’s first – you need to define and finalize your social media goals and be SMART about them. In other words, set goals that are specific, measurable, achievable, relevant, and time-bound.
Set SMART goals by saying your brand would like to increase your Instagram engagement rate by 10%, based on analytics taken from the app, in the next 3 months.
In doing so, you’ve identified the following:
- The social media platform (Instagram), and the metric (engagement rate).
- The tool to measure the engagement (Instagram app)
- How to make the goal attainable by setting it to 25% as opposed to 95%.
- How it’s relevant by elaborating on the impact it will have on your social media presence
- How to make it time-bound as by specifying a deadline to achieve the goal.
Defining a specific social media goal gives it purpose and, in turn, provides direction that aids in the execution of tasks that will directly affect your social platform.
2. Know Your Audience
Now that you know your goals, you need to know your audience. Whoever they might be, getting granular on the collective of individuals that reflect your target audience will help you determine the following:
- Which social media sites to be active on
- Your posting schedule
- The type of content you publish
Many brands have trouble building a strong social media presence because they don’t speak to a defined audience. To avoid following in their footsteps, take the time to analyze and understand your audience’s persona, what their challenges are and what they love. Executing this competitive analysis can help you understand how to create your own distinctive social media presence.
3. Get Personal
! Red flag alert !
The days of being a faceless brand with no personality are long gone my friends. In the modern age of transparency, people want to get to know your company on a more personal level.
Take a more direct and relaxed approach when engaging with followers. A human and approachable social media presence has become a preference among many social media users.
Getting more personal also means being transparent about the people behind the brand – whether that be sharing a typical office day or posting behind the scenes videos of current company happenings, getting personal helps build that connection that, in turn, fosters brand loyalty.
4. It’s All About Relationships
Quality over quantity also extends to social media. Although growing a larger social media following to reach more customers is important, nurturing the current followers (aka potential customers) is more so. Followers who regularly engage with your brand are more likely to have brand loyalty and become repeat customers than followers who engage every once in a while.
Here are few ways to start building relationships:
- Always @mention or tag people you reference in your social media posts
- Answer questions directed to your brand
- Reply when people @mention you or share your content
- Start conversions instead of simply liking or resharing content
5. Be Consistent, Get on a Schedule
We’re here to keep it real – managing social media is WORK but it’s not impossible. Here are two ways to make staying active on socials a breeze:
- Create a Content Calendar
Having a content calendar allows you to:
- Organizes your content in a visually appealing and digestible way
- Fine-tune your posts for each platform
- Plan out posts to maximize engagement
- Avoid repeating the same content over and over again, ensuring original and quality content
When we say automate, we mean in the form of scheduling. There are many softwares used by individuals and agencies alike that make consistently pushing out content a breeze! Here are a few fan favorites:
- Sprout Social
Many of these automated softwares offer trial runs that allow you to test out their products and navigate through their interface. Check them out and take each one for a spin!
The truth is, there is no magic tool for a better social media presence but there are a few tactics and strategies you can implement that can help you build stronger social media accounts. Try a few of the tips we provided to get you started! Looking to hire an agency to take your social media channels to the next level? Drop us a line at email@example.com or reach us by phone at 305-442-9196, we’d love to chat about your exciting project!